Friday 7 December 2007

No, I haven't forgotten...

..about this blog! It's been pretty manic around here lately. I am now on the "All Duties" rota at work. This means that I am covering mainly minibus duties but I only get a couple of days notice of what those duties will be. It also means that (as I was advised at my induction) I'm getting all the "shite"! A week's duties are any 5 days out of 7, Sunday to Saturday and cover early, middle and late shifts. The first early kicks off at 4a.m. and the last late, which I'm down for next Saturday, ends at 1.35a.m. Consequently I don't know whether I'm coming or going at the moment and I need a line on the "proper" rota pretty damned soon. I'll still have crappy hours but at least I'll have a couple of months notice. With Mrs. B on an equally nightmarish pattern of shifts (including splits) we are like ships that pass in the night. One of us may soon have to take action. We've had pretty poor weather around here lately so I thought I'd post this picture, which I took earlier in the year near Maryport, to cheer myself up.

No comments: