Sunday 18 November 2007

It's All Over Bar The Shouting!

Apologies for the sparseness of updates but I've not had a lot of time! After all the training, the theory, the driving test, the route learning et al, it all kicks off tomorrow. At 04.45 hours I report to the drivers' room at Lillyhall depot to begin life as a bus driver. The day will begin with the staff pickup journey and then I'll be operating some routes in Whitehaven. ON MY OWN!!! No mentor to use as a safety net, it's do or die. I'll let you know how I get on.

2 comments:

cogidubnus said...

So, erm, how did it go?

lee said...

you'll do alright,theres a saying in the job"you will find your own way of dealing with it,there is no trouble but what you make of your own,learn to listen ,observe and know when to keep it shut"all very important advice from someone whom has been toiling atround Brighton in a doubledeck for 5years.and i cant believe i still am.