Monday 7 January 2008

Hardware Failure!

Right then, here we go. There's been no update on here for some time due to the catastrophic self-destruction of my PC a fortnight before Chrimbo. A boot-up failure of the hard-drive motherboard ensured that its time was up. Fortunately my local PC repair man assured me that even though the unit itself was beyond saving the information within it was recoverable. Above is pictured my new PC which arrived on Thursday hot-foot from Dell. Thirty quid for an external hard-drive enclosure for the errant motherboard enables the transfer of all data to the new set-up, and mighty relieved I am too! Had a quiet Christmas and New Year, fortunately no buses ran on Christmas, Boxing and New Years' Days so I had a few days of well deserved rest. Back to reality now though, 04.25 'til 11.25 today. Day off tomorrow though. Don't intend to do much.

1 comment:

cogidubnus said...

Thank goodness you didn't lose data - that's always the traumatic part...