Sunday 21 October 2007

A Strong End To A Weekend

Well, it's Sunday lunchtime and I've just got time to squeeze in a quick update. Mrs. B. is at work today, she set off from here in her Micra at 6.40 this morning, while I was dead to the world, and finishes at 3pm. At that time our day will begin proper. I will be meeting her from work in my car and we will be taking the Nissan for its M.O.T. One of the disadvantages of having moved 400 miles is not knowing which local tradesmen are the ones to use. Fortunately both my Brother in law and my Stepdaughter use the services of a chap in the nearby village of Little Broughton to keep their cars in tip-top condition. Consequently we are dropping the Micra off at his house on our way to my Father-in-law, Henry's B&B (pictured below) this afternoon. The reason for this trip, apart from the social aspect, is to try and sort out a couple of small problems with his computer. Henry lives at Rosthwaite in the scenic Borrowdale Valley, I never visit without my camera. On our return this evening I will be settling down in front of the box to watch the mighty Torquay United take on York City live on Setanta Sports. Tomorrow it's back to work. I've got a week driving the test routes around Carlisle in order to hone my skills for my upcoming PCV test.

1 comment:

Ed said...

Hi Rich,
Cant remember what happened to Primrose, did I sell it to Dick? It was a grand old bike that we all had a hand in restoring, even Mrs Law.
Went to see Mark doing a gig in the Standard last night they were up to their usual standard. They have included an Asia track in their set which seemlessly leads me to mention that 80s Supergroup Asia are touring the UK beginning in March next year playing at some prestigeous venues such as Falmouth Pavillions and Frome cattle Market Check out their web site maybe they are doing a gig near you.
catch you later. Hi to caroline.