Wednesday 31 October 2007

Hail To The Bus Driver!

So, after 3 weeks of intensive training I finally have it. "What's that?" I hear you ask. A full driving licence for PCV is what. To the uninitiated that's Passenger Carrying Vehicle. I drove to Carlisle in the training bus this morning and the test commenced at 11am at Stagecoach's depot in the city. The test itself began with a reversing manouver inside the garage. This was followed by an emergency braking excercise in the yard. The test drive proper then began. It consisted of a 50 minute drive through Carlisle and the surrounding areas and then a return to the depot where I received the good news. Hopefully the fact that I have learned to drive in the fleet's largest vehicle will equip me well for the future. However, for the next 12 months I will be driving only minibuses. All I need to do now is learn all the routes, the types of tickets, the ticket machine and the accents of the locals!

No comments: