Friday 28 September 2007

The Wheels On The Bus...






...will not be going round quite yet! Yesterday a 'phone call from the powers that be at Stagecoach HQ advised me that, due to operational difficulties with the training vehicle, they would like to defer my start date by one week to Monday October 8th. So another leisurely week it is! Above is the company's depot and garage complex at Lillyhall. My initial training will be carried out here. If the weeks of training end with a successful out come.....
...I will be working from here, the bus station at Murray Rd., Workington, the oldest purpose-built covered bus station in the country, dating from 1926. As a newly qualified driver I will be restricted to driving vehicles like this....
Mercedes midi-bus. Presumably, if I can get by for a pre-determined time without lunching it I might have a chance of boosting my earnings by getting my hands on something like this....
double decker. This ex-London Regional Transport Leyland Olympian is seen at Rosthwaite in the Borrowdale valley, a stones throw from my Father-in-law's gaff. Only time will tell but I'm looking forward to the challenge.

No comments: